The British Film Commission (BFC) is the national agency with a remit to maximise and support the production of international feature film and television in the UK.
The BFC’s activities include:
- Maximising and supporting the production of international feature film and television in the UK – England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Strengthening and promoting the UK’s production infrastructure
- Working to ensure film-friendly policies are in place
The BFC delivers:
- Guidance on British qualification and the UK’s lucrative Film and TV Tax Reliefs
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced teams based in both the UK & US
- Free bespoke production support
- Expertise throughout the UK via a network of industry partners
- Assistance with sourcing suitable key crew, talent, facilities and locations
The British Film Commission works in partnership with key film industry bodies and it is funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport through the British Film Institute and UK Trade and Investment.
The British Film Commission is a national division of Film London.
Film London is the capital’s screen industries agency. We connect ideas, talent and finance to develop a pioneering creative culture in the city that delivers success in film, television, animation, games and beyond. We work to sustain, promote and develop London as a global content production hub, support the development of the city’s new and emerging filmmaking talent and invest in a diverse and rich film culture. Funded by the Mayor of London and the National Lottery through the BFI, we also receive support from Arts Council England and Creative Skillset.
Film London is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales no. 4699825. Registered charity no. 1163968.