The British Film Commission’s UK Film & TV Week, Los Angeles
The British Film Commission’s inaugural UK Film & TV Week is taking place in Los Angeles between 20-24 October 2014.
Hosted by the BFC, representatives from the UK’s Screen Agency Network will visit Los Angeles with the purpose of showcasing the UK’s world-class studio spaces, post and VFX facilities, our diverse locations and extensive and experienced UK crew and talent, as well as promoting the wide range of incentives for film, television and animation production.
The visiting UK representatives are:
- Adrian Wootton, CEO and Samantha Perahia, Senior Production Executive, British Film Commission
- Kaye Elliott, Head of Production Services and Emma Chappel, Senior Production Services Manager Creative England
- Brodie Pringle, Locations Manager and Robbie Allen, Film and Broadcast Partnerships, Creative Scotland
- David Shepheard, Senior Inward Investment Manager, Film London
- Moyra Lock, Head of Marketing and Andrew Reid, Head of Production, Northern Ireland Screen
- Allison Dowzell, Manager, Wales Screen and Jonathan Moody, Senior Business Development Manager, the Welsh Government – Creative Sector
Over the week the group will have meetings with the studios, independents, broadcasters and cable providers.
UK Film & TV Week Events include:
Including introductions to the BFC, the UK’s world-class film and TV industry, and the production incentives available in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales for international filmmakers. While illustrating the UK’s infrastructure, there will also be an introduction to the UK’s film, high-end television and animation tax reliefs. The panels will feature representatives from the BFC and the UK Screen Agency Network; Nigel Burke, Partner, Film & TV at UK accountancy firm Saffery Champness; and will be moderated by Joe Chianese, EVP at Entertainment Partners.
Familiarisation “FAM” Tour Reunion
Each year we handpick a small group of decision makers from US film and television studios, networks and production companies to bring to the UK and introduce them to the best of what the UK production industries have to offer. This reunion event is an opportunity for this group of UK ambassadors to network and catch up.
Animation Roundtable Breakfast
A select group of senior US animation executives will be given a full profile of the UK’s world class animation industry and an overview of the UK’s animation tax relief.
A reception to connect the visiting UK representatives with the wider LA industry
If you would like more information about the UK Film & TV Week contact email@example.com